Beauty & Style

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Benzoyl peroxide question?

I went to a pharamist, after an appointment with the doctor who wouldn%26#039;t give me anything else but anti-biotic tablets to clear up my acne WHICH DON%26#039;T WORK grrr, I asked if they could sell without a prescription Benzoyl Peroxide. They gave me this Quinoderm Cream 50g. It says it contains Benzoyl Peroxide in it (10%) however i%26#039;m unsure whether its the actual type of cream to go for. Has anyone else used Quinoderm Cream 50g and found it affective?



I used to suffer really bad with acne. Antibiotics did work to a certain extent but the benzoyl peroxide really did the trick.





If the packet says it contains BP then yes I believe that it should be fine, seems quite a high concentration though :S





I would advice speaking to your doctor first to be certain, however if this is not possible read the leaflet inside the packet carefully before buying.





Hope this helps :)




That is odd that your doctor would only give you oral antibiotics, as it seems like most dermatologists try to avoid giving out oral antibiotics because you can develop a resistance to them... A great prescription topical medication is Benzaclin, which contains Benzoyl Peroxide and the antibiotic clindamycin. Btw, don%26#039;t know if the doctor explained this to you, but with most acne treatments you will actually see your acne get worse before it gets better. So, the meds might actually be working really well, but making your acne worse temporarily. You have to give it some time to see if it actually works.




Hm well at any pharmacy you should be able to buy b.p. without prescription. It%26#039;s over the counter so try going to another pharmacy. I used b.p. and it worked pretty well after a few months. :)





Good luck~




Peroxide didn%26#039;t work for me, but you should be able to buy a bottle at your local pharmacy.





I use Minocyclin and Skinoren cream (Azelaic Acid) for my acne.


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion & Style